Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Bike Ride

My girlfriend Keri and I had a nice day of biking today. Here's the route.
  1. We started with a 2.5 mile ride to The Original Pancake House in Los Altos. This has historically been one of my favorite breakfast spots since I was introduced to it in Dallas, TX. I've had a few cases of lousy service, but they have really good coffee, and I love their two signature dishes, Apple Pancake and Dutch Baby. They're both huge, so it works out well to split one.
  2. Next, 7.9 miles up Foothill Expressway to the Stanford shopping mall. This was a nice ride, not too much traffic, with nice wide bike lanes where cars are not allowed to park. A little hilly, but not bad. We went to the Apple Store and waited in line for about 30 minutes for our iPhone 3Gs. I bought one each for Keri (her birthday present) and myself.
  3. 7.1 miles back to downtown Los Altos where we checked out a Wine & Arts festival for which we saw signs right after breakfast. They had pretty much the same stuff I see at most of these sorts of events. We ate some Greek food from a street side vendor (felafels, grape leaf wraps, and spanakopita) and listened to a decent cover band do some 70s-80s music.
  4. 2.9 miles back to my place where we are now chilling for the rest of the evening.
It was a very nice day, and now I get to play with my new toy!

2 comments:

Derek said...

Sounds like a pretty nice day. Are we going to get a review of the IPhone?

Philip said...

Yes, coming soon.