Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2008 election, inside the numbers

364
Projected electoral votes for Obama (somewhere between 349 & 375 once MO and NC are called). This article argues we shouldn't call it a landslide. Why?

525
Electoral votes for Reagan over Mondale in 1984. 525-13. Cripes, I didn't remember it was that lopsided.

64%
Sadly, this might have helped California's proposition 8 pass. Its success was fueled in part by a large African-American turnout (10% of voters) who were strongly in favor of marriage discrimination (70%, vs 49% for caucasian voters). I guess I'll have to stick with women if I want to get married any time soon.

3
# presidents who were younger than Obama will be when inaugurated (JFK, Bill Clinton, and Grant).

1 comment:

avenue girl said...

We both know it's hard enough to get to that point without having the government tell you you can't. I hope you do want to get married again someday-she would be the luckiest woman in the world.